Module 1: Introduction to Azure
This module introduces cloud solutions in general and then focuses on the services that Azure offers. The module goes on to describe the portals that you can use to manage Azure subscriptions and services before introducing Windows PowerShell as a scripting solution for managing Azure. Finally, the module provides explanations and guidance for the use of Azure Resource Manager and Azure management services.
- Cloud technology overview
- Overview of Azure
- Managing Azure with the Azure portal
- Managing Azure with Windows PowerShell
- Overview of Azure Resource Manager
- Azure management services
- Use the Azure portals.
- Use Azure Resource Manager features via the Azure portal.
- Use Azure PowerShell.
Module 2: Implementing and managing Azure networking
This module explains how virtual networking provides the glue that brings together VMs, web apps, and storage to enable you to publish a service onto the Internet.
- Overview of Azure networking
- Implementing and managing Azure virtual networks
- Configuring Azure virtual networks
- Configuring Azure virtual network connectivity
- Overview of Azure networking in an infrastructure as a service (IaaS) version 1 (v1)
- Creating an Azure virtual network by using a deployment template
- Creating a virtual network by using PowerShell
- Configure virtual networks
- Using a PowerShell script to Connect IaaS v1 VNet and IaaS v2 VNet
- Configuring a point-to-site VPN
- Using a PowerShell script to connect IaaS v1 VNet and IaaS v2 VNet
Module 3: Implementing virtual machines
This module explains how to implement virtual machines.
- Overview of IaaS v2 virtual machines
- Planning for Azure virtual machines
- Deploying Azure IaaS v2 virtual machines
- Authoring Azure Resource Manager templates
- Overview of IaaS v1 virtual machines
- Creating virtual machines by using the Azure portal and Azure PowerShell
- Validating virtual machine creation
- Using Visual Studio and an Azure Resource Manager template to deploy IaaS v2 virtual machines
- Using Azure PowerShell and an Azure Resource Manager template to deploy virtual machines
Module 4: Managing virtual machines
This module explains how to manage virtual machines.
- Configuring virtual machines
- Configuring virtual machine disks
- Managing and monitoring Azure virtual machines
- Managing IaaS v1 virtual machines
- Configuring availability
- Implementing desired state configuration (DSC)
- Implementing storage space–based volumes
Module 5: Implementing Azure App services
This module explains how to implement Azure Web App services.
- Introduction to App Service
- Planning app deployment in App Service
- Implementing and maintaining web apps
- Configuring web apps
- Monitoring web apps and WebJobs
- Implementing mobile apps
- Traffic Manager
- Creating web apps
- Deploying a web app
- Managing web apps
- Implementing Traffic Manager
Module 6: Planning and implementing storage, backup, and recovery services
This module explains how to plan and implement storage, backup, and recovery services.
- Planning storage
- Implementing and managing storage
- Implementing Azure Content Delivery Networks
- Implementing Azure Backup
- Planning for and implementing Azure Site Recovery
- Creating and configuring storage
- Using Azure file storage
- Protecting data with Microsoft Azure Backup
Module 7: Planning and implementing Azure SQL Database
This module explains how to plan and implement Azure SQL Database.
- Planning and deploying Azure SQL Database
- Implementing and managing Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database security
- Monitoring Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database business continuity
- Creating, securing, and monitoring an Azure SQL Database
- Migrating a Microsoft SQL Server database to Azure SQL Database
- Restoring a database
Module 8: Implementing PaaS cloud services
This module explains how to implement platform as a service (PaaS) cloud services.
- Planning and deploying PaaS cloud services
- Managing and maintaining cloud services
- Deploying a PaaS cloud services
- Configuring deployment slots and Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
- Monitoring cloud service
Module 9: Implementing Azure Active Directory
This module explains how to implement Azure AD.
- Creating and managing Azure AD tenants
- Configuring application and resource access with Azure AD
- Overview of Azure AD Premium
- Administering Active AD
- Configuring SSO
- Configuring Multi-Factor Authentication
- Configuring SSO from a Windows 10–based computer that is joined to Azure AD
Module 10: Managing Active Directory in a hybrid environment
This module explains how to manage Active Directory in a hybrid environment.
- Extending on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure
- Implementing directory synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Implementing federation
- Configuring directory synchronization
- Synchronizing directories
Module 11: Implementing Azure-based management and automation
This module explains how to implement Azure-based management and automation.
- Implementing Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)
- Implementing Azure Automation
- Implementing Automation runbooks
- Managing Azure Automation
- Configuring Automation accounts
- Creating runbooks