Module 1: Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
This module explains how to describe the processes involved in establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology. Module also covers various Windows 10 fundamentals, high level architecture and often used troubleshooting tools.
- Overview of Windows 10
- Introduction to the EDST Job Role
- Overview of the Troubleshooting Steps
- Troubleshooting Tools
Module 2: Troubleshooting Startup Issues
This module explains how to enable students to troubleshoot startup issues and OS services on a computer with Windows 10 installed. This module introduces potential problems that can cause startup issues in Windows 10. It also provides an overview of the Windows startup process, including the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and Boot Configuration Data (BCD).
- Overview of the Windows 10 Startup Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting Startup Settings
- Troubleshooting Operating System Services Issues
- Recovering BitLocker-Protected Drives
Module 3: Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
This module explains how to enable students to resolve issues related to device drivers and hardware devices.
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
- Monitoring Reliability
- Configuring the Registry
Module 4: Troubleshooting Remote Computers
This module covers how to troubleshoot a remote Windows 10 computer by using Remote Desktop (RD), Windows Remote Assistance and Windows PowerShell remoting.
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Assistance
- Remoting with Windows PowerShell
Module 5: Resolving Network Connectivity Issues
This module explains how to identify network settings and troubleshoot issues related to network connectivity in wired and wireless networks, IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity, and name resolution.
- Determining Network Settings
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting Name Resolution
Module 6: Troubleshooting Group Policy
This module provides an overview of the Group Policy application and describes how to resolve issues in client configuration GPO application.
- Overview of Group Policy Application
- Resolving Client Configuration Failures and GPO Application Issues
Module 7: Troubleshooting User Settings
This module explains the cause of sign in problems in order to detect the issues and how to troubleshoot them.
- Troubleshooting Sign In Issues
- Troubleshooting the Application of User Settings
Module 8: Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity
This module explains how to troubleshoot remote connectivity issues when a virtual private network (VPN) or DirectAccess is used.
- Troubleshooting VPN Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting DirectAccess
Module 9: Troubleshooting Resource Access Within a Domain
This module explains how to resolve problems of resource access from computers that are domain members. It explains how to troubleshoot file permission issues, encrypting file system (EFS) and printer access issues.
- Troubleshooting File Permissions Issues
- Recovering Files Encrypted by EFS
- Troubleshooting Printer Access Issues
Module 10: Troubleshooting Resource Access for Non Domain Member Clients
This module explains how to enable students to resolve problems of resource access from computers that are not domain-joined.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Device Registration
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Work Folders
- Configuring and Troubleshooting OneDrive Access
Module 11: Troubleshooting Applications
This module explains how to troubleshoot application installation issues and problems in the desktop and Windows Store apps.
- Troubleshooting Desktop App Installation Issues
- Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
- Managing Windows Store Apps
- Troubleshooting Access to Company Web Applications
Module 12: Maintaining Windows 10
This module explains how to troubleshoot activation issues and performance issues in Windows 10. It also explains how to apply and troubleshoot Windows updates.
- Managing and Troubleshooting Windows Activation
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Performance
- Applying Applications and Windows Updates
Module 13: Recovering Data and Operating System
This module explains how to use file recovery and troubleshoot deleted files. It also covers how to recover a Windows 10 computer.
- File Recovery in Windows 10
- Recovering an OS